Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 26: Yours Faithfully

Helloooo my people!

This week was so amazing so I'll try to just sum it all up into one big happy email. Although, I did come to this realization this week. Sister Park and I were in the area and it was SO HOT. Probably hotter than anything I have ever felt in my entire life. Well, as I'm reading the Book of Mormon, it says that those who condemn the imperfections of the Book of Mormon will be in danger of hell fire. I think God will just send those people to Zimbabwe for a day and let them feel the heat that feels like hell fire. So watch out. 

Anyways, on a happier note, things here in Mabvuku are zvaka naka (great)! Sister Park and I had kind of a rough two weeks in terms of finding, and so we were praying hard to have faith enough to see miracles this week. And YO we saw miracles! Remember how our goal was supposed to be 8 for this month? Well, we have 9 people on date just for the 24, and we've already baptized 3! So everything is looking gooood. Miracles for days!

We had a baptism this week of Sister Abigail, who we've been teaching for 3 months! She is the cutest little Mom and we worked so hard to get her to church. But now she loves it! Her Baptism was so great. 

So we're teaching this man named David who is about 45 and probably smokes two packs of cigarettes a day. He repairs shoes in our area and he's seriously the nicest guy in the world and has the funniest laugh. Anyways so we taught him a really nice Restoration, and gave him a Book of Mormon at the end, and he was stinkin excited and just kept telling us how much he wants to read it and understand it. So we taught him about the importance of prayer, and how he needs to pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. He didn't know how to pray, so we went through the steps with him. We always say that you start a prayer just like you're addressing a letter to Heavenly Father, "Dear Heavenly Father" and he was getting everything really well. So he said the closing prayer and was doing everything right, but forgot he was supposed to say "in the name of Jesus Christ". He remembered that the beginning was like a letter, so he ended his prayer like a letter. "Yours faithfully, David". It was the cutest thing!! But next time, we'll have to go over it haha. 

Then, we're teaching these five teenagers who were a referral from Sister Jeri. They are the cutest little things. Their english is really limited but they're getting everything pretty well. We, too, taught them about the importance of praying about Joseph Smith, and at the end, a 14 year old named Tanaka gave the closing prayer. It was probably the most heart felt prayer I have ever heard. "Dear Lord, I'm thankful for all you have given me. I'm thankful for my family and that I can go to school. Lord, I need to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith was true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen". I seriously almost cried. It was the cutest thing. And then he gave a prayer on Sunday in class, and even asked about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith too. It was awesome! 

We had 12 peeps at church, and we have 14 on date for baptism (yes that doesn't add up because two of the jokers didn't show up). But everything here is so good! Love you all. Drink some diet coke for me.

Love, Sister Richards 


The prettiest papaya I've ever seen. (It was pretty good too.)


The difference between old planners and new. Kind of disturbing.

Sister Park and I at Mormon Helping Hands.

The poster that was hung. Can you see me?

There I am. My big debut.

BAPTISM.

Avocados are in season. A very happy season.

Nick!! we've been working with him so hard these past couple weeks. he came to our baptism this week and loved it!

 Our district leader got transferred to blues. he told us to pose like this. we didn't ask questions. 

Planner number FIVE.

My beautiful companion. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment