Monday, January 16, 2017

Week 44: Cray Cray in Kwekwe!

Hey Fam!

Crazy news for this week! I have about .2 seconds to email because we're about to catch the bus to *drum roll please* KWEKWE!! Hallelujah! Amen! The Lord has heard my prayers! So Kwekwe is about 3 hours away from Harare and we are the first sister missionaries EVER to proselyte there! My new companion is Sister Mpiyakhe from South Africa who I usually send the thug pics with. We'll both be serving as Sister Training Leaders and we are SO EXCITED! Ah! God is good! I'm so excited to be able to serve the people in kwekwe and to serve my fellow missionaries. This transfer is going to be amazing!

So this week we were able to witness the marriage and baptism of Terrance and Charity! We've been working with them since I got to Epworth, and finally this weekend they were legally married which means they could be baptized! It was so great. They just glowed with happiness. I couldn't have thought of a better way to end my time in Epworth.

We had a really incredible experience with an investigator named Hommey. He came to church a couple times, but then later struggled to come or keep any commitments. So we dropped him. Well this past week he showed up to church and we were like what the heck! So we went and visited him and we asked him what had changed that made him come back to church. Do you know what he said?? "Well, I read the whole Book of Mormon from the beginning to the end. And I knew that I needed to come back to church and to be baptized." WHAT! He read the whole Book of Mormon!!! That book has POWER and can chang even the most unwilling hearts. Wow. So incredible. 

This coming week will be really interesting. Our area in Kwekwe is called Mbizo and it hasn't been proselyted in for about two years so we are literally starting from square one. Meaning that we have a brand new area book that is empty! So this week will be full of faith and trying to find those whom the Lord has prepared to hear HIs message of the restored gospel. WHITE WASHING. I can't wait for this. 

I have a testimony that God hears and answers our prayers, and that the healing power of the Atonement is real. Jesus Christ is there to bind up the broken hearts and the aching souls of this world. If we rely on His Atonement we can do ALL things. 

Love you all!! Have a great week!!

Love, Sister Richards 

No comments:

Post a Comment