Monday, December 26, 2016

Weel 41: Merry Christmas!!

Sup Fam!

What a stinkin awesome Christmas is was being able to talk to all of my family!! Aww it was seriously the best and recharged my batteries until Mother's Day! Zimbabwe doesn't really celebrate christmas WHATSOEVER. Okay I take that back. Everyone drinks and drinks and drinks until they just about die so there's been lots of drunk people everywhere so that's entertaining. OUR SHOWER WORKS AGAIN so that's a Christmas miracle. Things are doing oookay this side.

The area is doing really well! We were able to baptize 3 this weekend in our brand this bright blue baptismal font haha. It was awesome! Two of the little girls were 9 and bore really sweet testimonies afterward. Blessing, who is 17, also bore a powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Restoration. We were supposed to have a wedding as well, but then the wife left her ID in kamusha (the rural areas) so it will have to wait for next week. Still took wedding pics, though.

So we met this really amazing golden investigator who was a referral from a missionary I served with who just came back. His name is Lancelot and he is so prepared for the gospel! We did a BRT with him last Sunday and gave him the Restoration pamphlet and asked him to read and pray to know of it's truthfulness. Well we went back this week and taught the whole Restoration, and bore our testimonies that if he prays sincerely, he will know that our message is true. He said, "I will do that, but you know, I think I know it's already true. I read just one page of this pamphlet and then decided to pray, and I felt so much peace. I can't describe it in any other way except for peace. That's why I already know it's true." YES!! It was so great and we were so happy. I LOVE seeing investigators coming to a knowledge of the truthfulness of our message, and being able to recognize the Holy Ghost!! Lancelot will be getting baptized on 7 January and I am so stinkin excited. 

The rains are still coming down and it's leaving our areas green and beautiful. What a blessing it is to be a missionary in the best mission on this earth! I am so grateful to be able to serve my Savior and to be on His errand. I LOVE being a missionary! 

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace"

Love, Sister Richards 


packages for days. thank you family!!!!!!

baptism!

Brother Blessing

Sister Patience

Sister Samantha

wedding pictures for the wedding that didn't actually happen

our zone leader's truck got stuck so they showed up to the chapel like this 

Merry Christmas Eve from KFC

There's a Santa on that coke!

No comments:

Post a Comment