Monday, March 13, 2017

Week 52: "Wherefore, I Could Not Be Shaken"

Hi Fam!

Another great week in Mbizo! This week I hit ONE YEAR! What! We were in Harare for a couple days where we were able to attend Mission Leadership Council. It was so awesome and I learned so much! Fire was witnessed, fire was received, and fire was given. I have been so blessed to be called to a mission where the missionaries work so stinkin hard, and the leaders care so much. We are striving for perfection! I had the flu this week which was terrible, but on the bright side, a new hot dog place opened up right by our house so we have been blessed by many, many hot dogs. (america, i miss you shamwari)

*drum roll please* WE GOT A CAR! HALLELUJAH AMEN PRAISE THE LORD!!! Good things come to those who wait (and work hard)!! We got a brand spankin new Nissan Almera straight from the dealership! It was a 3 hour drive back to Kwekwe and was one of the most enjoyable rides of my life. I missed driving so much! We named the car Ezra because we loved Ezra Taft Benson, and there's this member named Ezra who's 10 and comes to our lesson with young children, and he's the funniest human alive. So Ezra was the obvious choice. The car has CHANGED our lives and the work is just blowing up. GOODBYE to being a foot soldier.

At MLC we discussed our new Mission Culture which is "Commitment through Obedience". My companion and I re-committed ourselves to Jesus Christ and His work this week and we have seen miracle upon miracle. We had 10 investigators come to Stake Conference with us in Gweru. They had to be at the church at 6:45 am, and many of them walked an hour or so to get there! We also had 3 less actives attend with us, and we were blessed throughout the week with EIGHT new investigators! We've been struggling finding people the past couple weeks and now our schedule is completely packed. The Lord blesses those who are committed to His work!

We're teaching two young women named Hilda and Emily. They are so amazing. They have had such tough lives, I cannot even begin to tell you. They have been victims of terrible terrible things, and have come out feeling that God has abandoned them. It has been such a great experience testifying that God is there and He loves them. By the end of one of our lessons, they were both just crying. Hilda offered the most heartfelt closing prayer, and thanked God for the miracle of the gospel in her life, in making her feel of His love again. Sometimes God has to bring us down to build us up again. I truly can testify that He loves us and is aware of us.

In my study this week, I finished the book of Jacob. I was especially touched by chapter 7. Jacob truly was committed to our Savior Jesus Christ. Sherem came to tempt Jacob because he knew he was strong in the faith. The devil labored diligently through Sherem to bring Jacob down. Jacob 7:5, "And he had hope to shake me from the faith, nothwithstanding the many revelations and the many things which I had seen concerning these things; for I truly had seen angels, and they had ministered unto me. And also, I had heard the voice of the Lord speaking unto me in very word, from time to time; wherefore, I could not be shaken." God needs all of us as His children to be strong like Jacob. When temptations comes and times get tough, we are going to want to surrender. But when we are committed to our Savior, we can come out of our trials with the words "I could not be shaken!" Commit yourselves to Jesus Christ and see the miracles He will place in your life.

I have a testimony of this gospel and of this work! I love it! I love it so stinkin much! Have a great week, my friends. ONE YEAR IN AFRICA!! See you soon!

Love, Sister Richards 

PHOTOS:
we're teaching two children in a part member family, brandon and tatenda. This day we taught the Book of Mormon with member Ezra (far left) and my companion brought these actions figures of Moroni and Joseph! It was so awesome haha

Seventh Day Adventist we visited, sister ncube. she might be impossible to convert about the sabbath day, but it made for a nice visit. 

we made tacos this week and they were awesome (thank you for the taco seasoning, abby!)

weekly planning made possible by the one and only CLAIRE FERGUSON. Thank you for the package of biscuits!! 

my MTC friends who came to africa with me ONE YEAR AGO!

my MTC friends who came to africa with me ONE YEAR AGO!

my MTC friends who came to africa with me ONE YEAR AGO!

my daughter, and my granddaughter! sister park is training! 

my beautiful granddaughter from malawi 

my people!

helllooooo ezra!

featuring member Takunda

brandon and tatenda, who showed up to the chapel at 6:45 am by themselves for stake conference!! books of mormon in hand. i love it.

sister mpiyakhe has had a goal for like 5 weeks in a row to make a video every night about our day, but every night says she's too tired to do it. so today i made her sign a contract. i'll let you know how it goes. 

KWEKWE ZONE: the greatest zone in the zimbabwe harare mission

KWEKWE ZONE: the greatest zone in the zimbabwe harare mission

KWEKWE ZONE: the greatest zone in the zimbabwe harare mission

No comments:

Post a Comment