Thursday, March 24, 2016

Week 2: Next Stop: Zimbabwe

Family and Friends!

Another amazing week down in Joburg! Still loving every second here, and the sunshine is amazing. 

On Sunday, we had a great Ward Council meeting, and a really beautiful sacrament meeting. I spoke on the power of the Book of Mormon and I'm so glad that was my topic. I LOVE that book! We sisters sang How Great Thou Art for the musical number and it was very nice. We had a great FHE that night with great games and AMERICAN candy (thank you Sister Ashton!)

This week, Sister Buthelezi and I finished up our lesson with Brother Dunn and Jake, and Sister Adjua. We worked soo hard with Sister Adjua and she finally accepted the invitation to be baptized! We extended the invitation and I was totally expecting her to say no because she was so hung up on the fact that she was already sprinkled with water  as a baby, and then she said yes. I just looked up and her and was like "wait are you serious" haha probably not my best response but I was PUMPED! Then today, we had to teach President Ashton as an investigator and it was so nerve wracking! But we taught the Plan of Salvation and it went so well.

The leadership council got to ride in the car with President and his wife to the Joburg temple on Tuesday and on the way home we stopped at McDonalds!!! Let me tell you, I have never tested anything so amazing in my LIFE! We've been eating horse for the past week (not a joke) so fries and ice cream tasted like heaven oh my goodness. That night in companion study and prayer, Sister Buthelezi said and I quote, "we are very much grateful that we got to go to mcdonalds, as my companion was so crazy about it". Yeah it was a big deal.
We still don't have power in our rooms so we can't plug anything in BUT we did find this fan thing that we dry our hair with now after we shower. It's changed my life.

We leave this Tuesday morning at 4 am for Zimbabwe! I am so excited!! I'm really sad to be leaving all friends here at the MTC (all 9 of them) but I can't wait to teach people for real! Sharing my personal witness of the gospel always brings tears to my eyes, and I never imagined loving sharing the gospel as much as I do.

Thank you all for your emails and support, and next week you'll hear from me in Zim! 
"Called to know the richness of his blessings. Sons and daughters, children of a King."

xo Sister Richards









No comments:

Post a Comment