Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 7: Fresh & Blessed

Good morning Chitungwiza!!!

What a remarkable week in Chi Town!! Ah I love this place more and more every day.

Bad news first, well there is no bad news, because we had eleven investigators come to church! ELEVEN! Can you even believe it? To think that just 6 weeks ago our area was closed because it was "dead". Eish!! We are in the midst of bringing Chitungwiza back to life! I just sat in sacrament meeting and wanted to cry because I was so happy so many came. Truly a miracle!! 

Okay I guess there is a little bad news once I think about it. Relief Society was on tithing, and our teacher gave us total fire! The whole time she went on and on about how there is absolutely no excuse to not pay tithing and how we cannot rob God and we'll be in big fat trouble if we don't give 10 percent. Which is all mildly true, but I was just cringing the whole time because I could tell our investigators were so uncomfortable. We haven't gotten to tithing yet with any of them so I was like noooo it's okay the Lord will bless you for paying tithing it's okay! So I think we're going to have some serious questions to answer this week.


Mom, I am turning into a chef. A real life chef. I cook dinner for the house every night. This week we had Chicken a la King (my faavvv(, Spaghetti Bolognaise, Steak Stew, and then we made Samosas on saturday night after an investigator taught us how. No caterpillars this week, or sadza. Sooo many blessings.

We taught Brother Kelvin this week, who is my favorite haha. He's 19 and is a gangster. He wears the gold chains and when he talks I just have to try not to laugh. After teaching him the Plan of Salvation, I asked him how he felt knowing that God had prepared a way for all of us to return back and live with Him. His response?  "Sister Richards, I feel fresh. Fresh and blessed." And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The POS makes Bro Kelvin feel fresh and blessed.

I don't really know what more to say except for our area is really coming to life, and we are finding so many people! We have some baptisms coming up on the 15 and 22 of May, and we are so excited! Sister Jili is still the best ever and we just laugh and work and laugh some more.


Mission is Zimbabwe can be summed up in one verse of scripture:
"...and surely there could not be a happier people among all the people who had been created by the hand of God"

Have the best week, and HOLLER cause this week is Mother's Day!! Can't wait to see your cute faces!!

Love, Sister Richards












No comments:

Post a Comment