Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 50: "More Than Ever"

Hey Fam!

This week was kinda slow and really rainy, but obviously still good because we're missionaries in the Zimbabwe Harare Mission and that's the best thing that could ever happen to your life. Transfers came and went and after many prayers, Sister Mpiyakhe and I are staying together here in Kwekwe! We saw so many miracles this week and the Lord is really playing a huge part in our work here!

During some of the rain this week, I'm guessing temperatures were around low 70s or high 60s. Well we freaked out because we haven't felt freezing temperatures like that in a very long time so we piled on the tights and the sweaters and the scarves. The next day we were back to mid 90s and were so happy to welcome our usual Zimbabwe back!!! Who knows how in the world I will ever go back to Utah winters..

MIRACLE: We went to see a referral named Felix who is 13 years old with a member named Siyabonga. We walked into his gate and started speaking with him and what not. Well his older brother, Bruce, walked in right after us and said he wanted to join our lesson so we were like okay sweet! Just did a BRT with them both and the spirit was strong and everything was great. Set a return appointment and said the closing prayer. Bruce said, "I didn't need to come back to the house, but something just pushed me to come back. I didn't know what is was before, but now I know it was God. I needed to meet you sisters." MIRACLE. We're seeing Bruce and his wife Tendai later this week and are praying they progress in this gospel. "Behold, I am God, and I am a God of miracles"

ISHEANEUSU: Man oh man oh man. So Ishe has been doing so well, right? Well his Mom is an avid member of this pentecostal church called Zaoga. They're really into the glory hallelujah praise Jesus stuff complete with dancing and drums. His Mom was really against him coming to our church, but still let him go. Well things changed this week. It got really, really bad. She came home one day while we were teaching him, pretty much kicked us out, and the next day took Ishe to a bunch of different pastors who just read him volumes and volumes of anti-mormon material. Imagine! So we weren't able to see him for a couple days, but were finally able to see him on Friday. He just let everything out. He pointed at the church and said, "This is where I find peace. This is my home. I can't let anyone take that away from me." Eish our hearts broke. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon that gave him a firm enough faith in Jesus Christ that he is able to get through this! His parents have decided to kick him out of the house because of his decision of getting baptized. He has such a great attitude about everything and we admire his faith so much. Oh my gosh. We were a little hesitant but we asked him if he still wanted to be baptized this Saturday. His response? "More than ever." So incredible.

D&C 54:10 "And again, be patient in tribulation until I come; and behold I come quickly and my reward is with me, and they who have sought me early shall find rest to their souls." Something I"ve learned on mission is that this life is short, and there's no time to waste! Many times during tribulations we can lose our peace because of the turmoil around us. But if we seek the Lord early, we will find rest to our souls. Why waste time and seek him later? Open the door for the Savior now and receive peace and joy. I love that!

Being a missionary is the best. Being a member of the restored gospel is the best. Everything is the best. Have a great week! I love you all!

Love, Sister Richards

Kwekwe Zone

my comp being fly as always

last pic with kwekwe district. elder hamblin was transferred to harare. poor thing. 

sister mpiyakhe brought me breakfast AGAIN and it wasn't even my birthday!

spent a good couple hours taking out my companions braids and she had the coolest fro afterwards!

I realized I had never sent pics of our mbizo house before. so here you go.




ee that FULL BODY SHOWER? it can turn any bad day around. seriously.

my companion and me sitting on Charlton's front porch, enjoying the end of our p day, enjoying a cool can of coca cola while we wait for isheanesu to show up for his lesson. african standard time is a real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment