Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 49: "Thumbs Up to the Book of Mormon"

Sup Fam!
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! My companion spoiled me rotten with breakfast in bed and birthday cake. I prayed STINKIN hard that we would have water on my birthday. The first thing I did when I heard the alarm at 6:30 was run into the bathroom (actually I walked cause I was still like half asleep) and checked to see if we had water. and BAM we did! Tender mercies for dayyyss. 

Also a word of caution to you all: try your hardest to not fall asleep while saying your prayers at night because if your companion happens to turn off the light while you're praying you might wake up super confused and wonder what the heck is going on and then fall off your bed. I mean not that I'm speaking from experience or anything, but I may or may not have a giant bruise on my hip right now...

TREY: So Trey is a recent convert of two weeks, right? Well guess what? He gave his first talk in Sacrament Meeting yesterday and it was literally the best talk I have EVER heard! His topic was "Becoming a Latter-Day Saint". Here are some snippets from his talk that I wrote down:
"Becoming a Latter-Day Saint has taught me that joy, light, love, and wisdom are there for those who are lost"
"Life is full of challenges. No matter who you are, we all have challenges. But as Latter-Day Saints, we simply overcome them"
"I don't mean to boast, but I'm proud to be a Latter-Day Saint. It is a privilege" 
WHAT? How stinkin incredible is that? The whole congregation was just smiling and we all gave the loudest amen ever!

ISHEANESU: Ishe is doing so well! He has expressed to us his desire to change so many times. He always tells us he knows what the right thing is and he wants to do it so bad, but it's so difficult for him to just actually do it. We were scheduled to teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ with him, but felt impressed to just focus on faith only. We left him Alma 32 to read and them came back a couple days later to discuss it. We had a really great lesson on nurturing and helping our faith to grow by acting. We emphasized that faith without works is dead. The spirit was incredibly strong in the lesson and we knew that things were about to change for him. Yesterday we were able to follow up on everything. After the opening prayer, he just started talking and could not stop! He told us that he just knelt down one night and told Heavenly Father how much he wanted to change. He was scared of some of the effects of the change but just told Heavenly Father that he trusted in Him enough that he knew everything would work out. This week he made some DRASTIC changes that he has been wanting to make for years, and to his surprise (but not to ours), everything has worked out. He attributes it all to the Book of Mormon. He committed to reading the Book of Mormon every single morning and he told us that he got the strength to change from the words of the Book of Mormon. At the end he just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said, "So thumbs up to the Book of Mormon, I guess." Haha. We were able to teach about repentance that day and he committed to repenting of his sins. Wow. I wish you could see the change from the first day we met with him to now. It's HUGE. The Gospel is working complete miracles in his life!
The best part of that lesson was Ishe's prayer at the end. He said, "I'm so grateful to have the gospel in my life at this time....actually it came kind of late" then he paused for a couple seconds "but I guess better late than never, right?" and then kept going with his prayer. Hahahaha so great.
Wow. I just love being a missionary! There is NOTHING better than going into the area and teaching the restored gospel. Something I learned HARD this week was Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit. Never give up! Times get tough but everything will be okay! Everyone have the best week! Love you all!
Love, Sister Richards

Kwekwe Zone Sisters

Sister Companion!!!

Mbizo Sisters



Best companion award goes to HER!!!

chelsea is leaving for boarding school this week so we had to get a pic 

the oh so famous Isheaneus Mwoyo

church mirror selfies like it's our job

No comments:

Post a Comment