Monday, March 27, 2017

Week 54: Issues of Faith, Not of Bananas

wassup fam!

This week was great! We witnessed the baptism of Hilda and Tinashe which was the sweetest experience EVER, had electricity the whole week (!!!!!), saw so many miracles, and WENT ON A SAFARI!!! IT WAS SO STINKIN COOL. We drove down to Gweru and did a game drive and it seriously was so sick. Giraffes, zebras, lions, the whole shibang! 

Tragedy: So you can tell how old someone is on mission by how brown the letters of their name tag are. Well because I've been here for over a year, naturally my name tag was stinkin brown and I was so proud of it! Well. Tragedy struck my life and I put the white shirt I had worn that day in a bucket of bleach and laundry soap. About an hour later the still small voice reminded me that my name tag was on my shirt and then there was weeping and wailing and ghanshing of teeth because now my name tag is so white I look like I'm straight from the MTC.  

Drunk: Our drunk encouter this week was much, much longer than we have ever hoped for. We went to see one of our investigators, and his 100% completely wasted uncle sat us down and would not let us leave! He talked and talked complete nonsense for ever, but after an SOS text to the Zone Leader, they called and said there was an "emergency we need to tend to immediately" (we'll pay for this one at the last day). Well at the end, this uncle reminded us not to count the people we teach because after all, "These are issues of faith, not of selling bananas." for a second i was like ??? but then it was a nice reminder that the work we do is not about numbers, but about strengthening peoples faith!

Kudakwashe: Kudakwashe came to church for the first time last week after being invited by one of our other investigators. Immediately when we met him, he told us he drinks and smokes but really wants to stop, and that's why he came to church. Amazing! We went to visit him this week and it was such an incredible experience. We sat down with him, and guess what one of the first questions he asked was? "How soon can I be baptized?" What! We had a great lesson with him and the spirit testified to me so strongly that this man has been prepared for the glad message of the gospel. He is so excited for general conference, is trying to read every material he saw at church, and is inviting the rest of his family to church. I cannot wait to teach him about the atonement of Jesus Christ and the change it can brings in our lives. There are miracles in store for Kudakwashe! 

Abindai: This week I studied so much about Abinadi. How amazing was he?! Some of his last words before he seals his testimony with his death are of the atonement of Jesus Christ. "He is the light and the life of the world; yeah, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yeah, and also a life which is endless, and there can be no more death." Jesus Christ truly broke the bands of death so that we can have an endless life, but with that, provided us with endless light! Do you ever feel darkness in your life? Let Jesus Christ be your light. That light can never be darkened. In this Easter season, let us turn our minds to His atonement and remember it is because of Him we have life!

I love missionary work, I love Africa, and I love the Book of Mormon! Have a wonderful week, my friends! 

Love, Sister Richards 

enjoying ezra in my favorite part of our area! no roads, just grass. welcome to dutchman! 

my people got baptized!! 

the happiest day!!

the young men/YSAs believe it's their "priesthood duty" to wash our car. i'm not complaining. 

so much chibage. gave me blisters! but our member was grateful and that's what matters!

banana trees

nothing better than a nice view of the book of mormon while doing service

this is charity cooking!

my freshly bleached name tag :((((

comp swaggg

dancing to the beat of our own song because a year of only efy and motab will make you want to make up your own songs 

in the car for the safari!

so everything was really calm and nice and quiet, but then I sneezed and it sent all the zebras running. Oops!

so the male two giraffes are fighting for the girl giraffe off to the side. nature is so weird. 

they call me farmer c rich. but today I wasn't a farmer, I was on a safari. 

hey giraffey giraffes! 

hey giraffey giraffes! 

with ngha, our safari man

antelope park! loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment