Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 55: We Had Water All Week

Hi family and friends and everyone that I love!

I couldn't think of a subject line for this week, so I decided to let you in on some very exciting news that we had water all week long haha. But to add to that, this week was great! We were so insanely crazy busy but it was so great. We had two sets of sisters come to Kwekwe for exchanges, and it was so incredible! We have such amazing missionaries in this mission and it's such a privilege to be able to learn from them. We're now in Harare for Missionary Leadership Council so I'm pumped to be able to learn from my missionaries! 

We got stopped by the police on the way into Harare a couple times today (no Dad I wasn't speeding, don't worry) and they tried to fine us for our fire extinguisher and triangles and all this nonsense stuff. BUT after sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ and giving away copies of The Book of Mormon, we got ourselves out of a $30 ticket! Share the gospel, my friends!! It brings blessings haha. 

We had a dinner appointment EVERY SINGLE NIGHT this week which meant SO much food, but also so much happiness haha. Our members are so great it's so fun to be able to help them with their missionary work. There were times where I thought I would not be able to stand up because I was so full. I forgot my camera some of the nights, but you would not even dream of how much food they give us. But welcome to zimbabwe where you gotta finish the plate! 

One of my favorite experiences of the week was with Brother David. On a day that we had about one million fall throughs, we went a visited a member and I was prompted to ask him for a referral. We see this member so many times a week, so I really questioned myself because i thought if this member had anyone for us to teach, he would've already told us, but I just decided to ask anyway. He gave us the name of David and we went to see him right then. It's been smooth sailing ever since! He has come to church already twice now, and is LOVING the Book of Mormon. Last Monday, we left with him the introduction to read, and when we came back on Wednesday, he had already read to chapter 7! What! He told us his experience with praying, and said that the feelings in his heart are what have told him that this book is true. I love it when investigators are able to recognize the Holy Ghost on their own, and I love the Book of Mormon and the power found within it even more! It strengthened my testimony on listening to the promptings of the spirit. Blessings will always follow!!

Lastly, we were able to witness the baptism of Sister Emily this week. She has been through more in her lifetime than I could ever imagine. She has been a victim of terrible things, and the gospel really has mended her soul. As she came out of the waters of baptism, my companion and I just looked at each other because the spirit just overcame us so suddenly! She looked so clean and perfect. I had never seen someone come out like that. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is so real, that even the most terrible of things can be washed away. Even the most wounded of souls can be healed. God loves us and He wants us to be happy, THAT is why he sent us His Son Jesus Christ. Never forget that.

I love missionary work more than anything in this world! It's the best thing EVER. Everyone be a missionary is see if you won't become as happiest person ever. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Love, Sister Richards 

exchanges with sister burt and sister smith!



ama missionaries


the front of emily's book of mormon. I love it! 


THE happiest day!


THE happiest day!


kwekwe district! me, sister mpiyakhe (south africa), elder tsotetsi (south africa), elder till (austria), sister wells (wyoming), sister arbon (utah)


with brother clive, one of our most hysterical investigators. 


kudakwashe, my favorite deacon. he had brain surgery not too long ago but now is back at it and kicking!


makanaka, meaning "beautiful" (left), and rachel on the right. makanaka is emily's little sister and came with her to church this week, and we assigned rachel to be her fellowshipper haha. 


my dear beloved companion whom i love and adore. 


with our squad

No comments:

Post a Comment