Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 18: "But They That Are Sick"

Helllloooo Zimbabwe!

Or America, or wherever any of you are reading this. This week we did about nothing, so I apologize that this email will be super, super boring. 

Tuesday we had Zone Meeting, and I was asked to share my testimony at the end. I have yet to attend one Zone Meeting or Conference that I have not born my testimony or spoken at. Just waiting for these peeps to get tired of me. That day my companion was sick, so we just came home so she could rest. Wednesday the political riot things went on again, so we weren't allowed to leave the house. Thursday we had to go to Highlands for interviews with President Mkhabela (who is my favorite person in Zimbabwe), so that was another blank day. But Friday and Saturday we were in the field, and it felt soooo stinkin good! Sunday I spoke in Church about Missionary Work, and so we're hoping for a lot of referrals to come in this week! 75% of our missions baptisms come from member referrals, crazy huh?

We have two baptisms coming up this next week, which are the first two baptisms in Mabvuku where I have been there for all the lessons, so I'm super happy! Praying that they go through, because these kids are really prepared. People in Zimbabwe are just impossible to track down like 98% of the time, so baptismal interviews are always an adventure haha. But I have faith! 

I had a really nice experience during personal study this week, so I thought I would share my thoughts. I was studying in Matthew 9, when the Savior says, "They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick". I was thinking how each and every one of us is sick. We are heavy laden with burdens and trials, which make us sick. But how incredibly grateful I am to be sick, because without my sickness, I wouldn't need a physician. I'm grateful for the burdens I have, because without them, I would not know my Savior. I'm grateful to be able to help the people here in Zimbabwe find their physician and Savior. 

Well I hope you all had a more exciting week than I had, but I'm anxious to see what this week holds. God is good, mission is good, everything is good!

Love, Sister Richards 

No comments:

Post a Comment