Monday, July 25, 2016

Week 19: Bhabhatidzwa!

Hello Family and Friends!

A very windy and hot week in Mabvuku! Everything here is good and happy because we didn't have to stay inside the house once this week for any riots! Hallelujah! And to top it all off, we had two baptisms! We have a couple more next week, too, so things here are lookin good.

Lewis and Tafadzwa were baptized on Saturday, and both showed up ON TIME to 8:00 church to be confirmed on Sunday! Miracles! Miracles everywhere! They both bore powerful testimonies about the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph. Honestly there is no greater joy than seeing these people gain a testimony for themselves. We're working with Tafadzwa's parents to legalize their marriage, and then they'll be baptized shortly after. It's sad because things here in Mabvuku are really tough, but that humbles the people to want to hear about the gospel. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

This week I ate these funny funny things that I don't remember the name of. My Zone Leader ordered them and wouldn't tell me what they were before I ate one. Turns out I ate the part of the chicken that, and I quote, "you probably should just throw away, but is edible when you fry it". It actually wasn't that bad. Just a funny funny texture. Pretty much you can eat anything here if it has enough onions on it (dad you wouldn't survive). But I'm alive and that's all that really matters.

This week I was studying in 3 Nephi, when Christ dies and a thick darkness overcomes the entire world. We learn that the people use their driest wood to make fires and do everything in the power to have light, but nothing worked at all. I thought about in our lives if we distance ourselves from Jesus Christ, that darkness will come. The darkness came because Jesus Christ literally was taken off the earth. We could try to turn to other solutions to find light, even our driest wood, but we will never have light unless we draw near unto Jesus Christ.

Missionary work is good! Transfers are coming up this week, but I don't think I'm leaving. Possibly a new companion, but I'm definitely staying here in Mabvuku. Everyone have a great week, and throw away the necessary parts of chicken that you probably shouldn't eat. Love you all!

Love, Sister Richards 



Stirfry and coconut rice! it's becoming my staple food around here

Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment